Empower people to live healthy, self-determined lives through engagement with food and the environment to build a socially just community.
We envision a resilient community that provides for its own needs and offers opportunities for all people to grow and eat culturally appropriate foods, care for the land and one another. We are committed to creating an equitable system in which people of all ages and experiences live self-determined, healthy and meaningful lives.
● Our environment, and emphasize the importance of energy conservation, resource management, and the provision of healthy local food to the community;
● Physical, mental and spiritual health, as well as general quality of life, as defined by each person for themselves;
● Experiential and shared learning as a means of expanding food and environmental literacy, valuing all knowledge, from technical to experiential;
● Nurturing community relationships and cooperative experiences;
● Spreading social justice, personal empowerment, and positive systemic change for our whole community; and
● Creatively accomplishing our mission and vision without sacrificing fun and beauty.
*Your donation will be used either to secure the ideal site or to help with operating costs. THANK YOU!
Sunrise Project (legal name: Lawrence Community Food Alliance) gained its nonprofit status on January 21, 2015. Your donation is tax deductible.